Interested in joining the Criffel Station team? Check out our job vacancies below.
Criffel Station, located close to Lake Wanaka’s town centre, is a 2000-hectare commercial breeding and finishing farm of predominately red deer. Managed with an emphasis on providing a balanced ecosystem for people, land, and animals. Owned and operated by the Bell family, it is the base for integrated tourism and agribusinesses with the goal of working within the boundaries of the pristine environment to add value to products and the associated value chain.
The General Farmhand position is key in running the operational farm business and reports to the Station Manager.
It would entail:
- Feeding out
- Irrigation – shifting and maintaining K-line and travelling irrigators
- Repairs and maintenance – general care of vehicles, plants, buildings, fences, yards
- Weed and pest control – spraying of gorse, broom, tree lanes; poisoning, shooting rabbits, opossums, ferrets
- General farm duties
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of farm experience – deer farming preferred
- Be passionate about farming with a keenness to learn and progress in your career in the food and fibre sector
- Be a great communicator
- Have a strong sense of commitment
- Have initiative when working on your own, but also take direction and work well as part of a team
Criffel has its eye strongly on the end-game. We are committed to a future that shows land and life, environment and commercial operations can co-exist and thrive. At our heart is supporting locals, communities and families.
For the right person we pay really well, and our benefits scheme is wide, including a vehicle and ‘Further Learning’ fund.
If this sounds like your future role, you can apply for this role and email your application (CV and covering letter preferred) to Penny Bell via firstname.lastname@example.org.