Interested in joining the Criffel Station team? Check out our job vacancies below.
Criffel Station, located close to Lake Wanaka’s town Centre, is a 2000-hectare commercial breeding and finishing farm of predominately red deer.
The General Farmhand position is a key role assisting with the running of the farm business and reports to the Criffel Station Manager.
It would entail the following:
- Ag Work, including drilling winter feed crops and new pastures
- Feeding out
- Assisting with stockwork
- Irrigation – shifting and maintaining K-line and travelling irrigators
- Repairs and maintenance – general care of vehicles, plants, buildings, fences, yards
- Weed and pest control – spraying of gorse, broom, and tree lanes; poisoning, shooting rabbits, opossums, ferrets
- General farm duties
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of farm experience – deer farming preferred
- Be passionate about farming
- Be a great communicator
- Have a strong sense of commitment
- Have initiative when working on your own, but also take direction and work well as part of a team
Criffel has its eye strongly on the end game. We are committed to a future showing land, life, environment, and commercial operations can co-exist and thrive. At our heart is supporting locals, communities, and families.
If this sounds like your future role, you can apply via this link or email your application (CV and cover letter preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Farmhand Position Application’ in the subject line. The closing date is 11 December 2022.